Scott's MD-PhD Adventure

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Market Intelligence

World Market. 3:30 PM. Mike & I were in checkout lane #2. Black woman customer was in checkout lane #1 talking to Mika, the black female cashier (also spotted today at Target: Lorenzia !)

Customer: ...I just could not believe what she was saying.
Mika: Mm hmm!
Customer: Katie had asked her about the bailout, and she started talking about health care?!
Mika: Ok!
Customer: You know what?! I read the news for like an hour a day. I know more about the economy than she do!
Me (excited to jump in): She crazy!
Mika: Hahaha!
Customer: That's right! And not very intelligent. I mean I don't know everything, but I feel like I'm more intelligent than her. And people are excited about her because she's ignorant and proud of not being too intelligent.
Mike: It's just like Bush, and look how good that's been.
Mika: Yup!
Me: You know, when I go to the doctor, I always make sure I pick the one who knows the least.
Customer: Ha! For real!

1 Comments:

At 4:52 PM, Blogger Colin said...

thank god. there are glimmers of hope all around us.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home