Scott's MD-PhD Adventure

Sunday, July 13, 2008

The GAME

We took the redline home when Mike got a flat. At the Chicago stop, a fabulous black woman got on with a large font "Bad Boyfriend" on the front of her shirt. She was on the phone.

FBW: Mm hmm. My kids are in summer SCHOOL.
...
FBW: I ain't gon' get down there till bout ten o' CLOCK.
...
FBW: I know but I need my license! Yes! Girl I need something new in my wardrobe. I might have a sexy BRA but that's it.
...
FBW: *looks at phone* (which reads "Unregistered No.") I gotta go! My momma calling.

I'll fill in what mom probably said...
{Mom: Are you somewhere where other people can hear you?}
FBW: The WHOLE PUBLIC can hear me on the train! Yes I said the whole public can hear me ON THE TRAIN.
...
{Mom: Are you still seeing that guy?}
FBW: That's why he need a BIGGER place. Yes a bigger place.
...
{Mom: So...you're still seeing him? What's it gonna take?}
FBW: Mm hmm he need to work on his GAME. He can't be coming round here intoxicated. Needs to work on his GAME!

Sadly, we had to get off the L.

1 Comments:

At 9:08 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I've been known to stay on the train for a few extra stops if the overhearing gets good.
I thought Mike said he was "sans car." That's French for "without car," right?
PS I just thought of something that we could market to someone. Personalizable word verification things for blog comments. This one could say FBW or Bad Boyfriend or something. Instead it says iankmq in a sad little green italic.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home