Scott's MD-PhD Adventure

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Capris Pre Parent

My parents are visiting July 16-21. Today I got to answer any pre-visit questions they had.

Mom: Do you think it may be chilly at night?
Me: It may, at like 11pm, be down to 62 when there's wind.
Dad: That's cold!
Mom: I'm going to bring a light jacket for me, and  maybe a long sleeve shirt for your father
Me: Ok
Mom: I usually wear, do you know, for ladies, capris pants are?
Me: Yes

Dad: How far are you from the north side?
Me: Where on the north side?
Dad: I don't know. The north side!
Me: 2 to 20 miles. Why?
Dad: I may go play softball with this guy. He said he'd pick me up.
Mom: Jerry! We're there to see Scott!
Dad: I can play ball. He won't be awake anyway? Scott what are you doing friday morning?
Me: What? I don't know? Where is this place?
Dad: Mount Prospect Heights
Me: That's in the suburbs
Mom: Jerry, that's far!
Dad: He said he'd pick me up!
Me: Whatever
Mom: Jer, you don't need to play ball.
Dad: We'll see.
Me: I don't care.

Dad: What's your air set at?
Me: 76
Dad: That's cold!
Mom: Jer, they figured out what's good for them
Dad: We tried 76, it's too cold
Mom: We keep our place at 79, 80
Dad: We had people over and turned it down to 76. I was freezing
Mom: Jer, their place may be different
Me: We have a lot of sun
Dad: Val! If my nose is bad, I may need them to turn it up to 77 or 78
Mom: We'll see how it is
Dad: I'm just saying this now so we don't have to argue
Me: I'm not promising you now that I'll change the temperature. Don't sit by the vent.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home