Scott's MD-PhD Adventure

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Taxes

After getting numerous email forwards from my parents of crazyshit their rightwing friends send them (and arguing with my dad against "Barack will be weak") I decided to email them yesterday...

Hi,
I found this non-partisan description of where your taxes go, and I thought you both should read it for 4/15 TaxDay.

http://www.cbpp.org/4-14-08tax.htm

For 2 adults who send and receive email forwards about how high Obama/liberals want your taxes to be, while you are simultaneously wanting a "strong defense," reasonable "social security payments," and presumably some form of Medicare, it doesn't seem to me like you are in a position to claim that high taxes would not go towards things that you deem important.

Think about that next time you get an email that's supposed to scare you into not voting for Obama because of allegedly high taxes.
Scott

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home