Scott's MD-PhD Adventure

Monday, March 24, 2008

Kosher/Not Kosher

Before seminar today, Amy informed me that I should skip the lunch-with-speaker after and she would take Bob & me out to "this new kosher restaurant." The place, MetroKlub, was actually pretty good, although it felt kinda vegan since they have no butter, dairy, and for dessert they have "cheesecake." Apparently, kosher lunch is the new big trend.

Meanwhile, Amy ordered her kosher burger medium rare, which I guess is ok. We also tried the peppered beef frye, which is their substitute for bacon.
"Does it taste like bacon?" Amy asked us. It wasn't as smoky, or salty, or delicious, but it was ok. Quite odd to have someone ask you what bacon tastes like.

One of our discussion topics was of course politics, and how we were all disappointed in Spitzer. Last week, on I think the gabfest, E.Baz was going on about how she doesn't want to talk to her kids about this sex stuff which is now all up and through the news. You know what's worse than, presumably, explaining sex-related news to your children, responding to your boss when she says, "Can you believe Patterson gets in office, and then announces that he and his wife had a Ménage à trois?"

That was not a story I wanted to correct her on, especially since she's originally from Jersey. But I explained it was McGreevey, and their aide, and now she's incorrectly convinced he cheated on his wife with her aide. Or something. I'm so not getting into the details of how threesomes work. Not Kosher.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home