Scott's MD-PhD Adventure

Friday, February 15, 2008

Best Surprise Ever! With sparkles!

4:39pm missed call while at gym from Lili.

4:55pm I return call back at lab. Lili is down the hall and comes to visit!

5:00pm - 5:30pm (highlights)

Lili: Hi!
Me: Hi! Why are you here!
Lili: I had tried to sublease, but the people, they send the check which is false. Or they do not want the credit check. So my husband, he say just pay the rent for 3 months. So I come to take care of that.
Me: Ugh that sucks. How is Boston?
Lili: It is very good! My husband, he drops me off at train station, and I take that to the lab.
Me: Ah. Have you driven around Boston? I'm sure it's crazy.
Lili: Yes! I have seen 5 accidents already!
Me: Yeah, Boston drivers are insane, and I remember they honk at you a lot.
Lili: Many of the street, they are one lane. The speed is 30, if you do not go 40, they will either honk you, or if you cannot increase, they will pass you on left or right!
Me: Ha.

Me: So couldn't you just submit your sublease check by mail? I'm not sure why you came back?
Lili: Well, I also bought the condo [one being built in S Loop] with my husband years ago. I was supposed to close today, but I cannot because of the sparkle system.
Me: What?
Lili: They said the sparkle is not ready. Do you know what the means?
Me: Um, sparkle?
Lili: S-P-A-R-K-L-E .
Me: Is that a brand of security? *googles Sparkle Security*
Me: I don't see it. What did they say the problem was?
Lili: They said the sparkle is not upgraded, so I cannot go inside.
Me: Are you sure it wasn't the sprinkler system?
Lili: What is that?
Me: *points up* The water that comes in on in case of fire. I'm sure if that's not ready and working, they won't let people move in.
Lili: Oh! I know that. Maybe that is what they mean.
Me: *struggles to suppress smile* Probably.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 9:19 AM, Blogger joshie said...

Oh, I missed Lili too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home