Scott's MD-PhD Adventure

Sunday, July 20, 2008

You live in a different world

We decided to go do the Wicked ticket lottery for rush seats. On sundays, the lottery is at 12 at Borders for a 2pm show. We arrive at the 3rd floor at 11:40 and see the box for the drawing but no blank forms.

11:40
Dad: Where are the tickets?
Me: I don't know. We probably have to get some from a person.
Dad: How do you know that!
Me: I figured it out.
Dad: Do you know that?
Me: *to person filling one out* Hey, where'd you get the entry form?
Person: There's a guy who was working at that desk. He had them
Me: Oh, ok.

11:41
Dad: So where's the guy?
Me: Maybe helping someone else. He'll come back.

11:42
Dad: Where the hell is he?!
Me: Calm down
Dad: I'm gonna go look for him
Me: I don't think that's necessary. Have some patience
Dad: The guy should be here. I wanna go look.
Me: Just relax
Mom: Scott, your dad wants to look
Me: It's unnecessary

11:43
Dad: I'm going to find him!
Me: Just have patience. The drawing isn't for 17 minutes
Mom: He doesn't have any. *giggle*
Me: I know. It's unfortunate
Dad: I'm leaving

11:46 - he returns with Borders employee
Dad: See! I got a person!
Me: He would have come back up here anyway.
Dad: No, I asked him why he wasn't up here. He sez the girl who's supposed to work on the 2nd floor didn't come in today, so he's working both floors.
Me: That's irrelevant
Dad: It's not irrelevant! He was gonna stay down there!
Me: Why would he have stayed down there?! He had all the entry forms. He was eventually going to come back up.
Dad: No he wasn't. He said he had to work 2 floors.
Mom: Jer, Scott, it doesn't matter any more.
Dad: See I was right! I got the man.
Me: It doesn't matter that you got him. Eventually he would have come up.
Dad: You don't know that!

12:00 - Box Office woman runs the lottery. Ticket guy pulls the names from the hat.
12:07 - Mike's name gets called. They get to go see the show. We get tickets and take the bus home for them to change.

12:50
Dad: I'm gonna say something...and Scott is gonna disagree. I think I did a great thing getting the guy.
Me: No. You didn't. You did an impatient thing.
Dad: Scott! He wasn't coming up! The girl didn't come in
Me: That doesn't matter
Dad: Excuse me! What he said was, the girl who was supposed to work on the 2nd floor did not come in today. That meant he had to work both floors.
Me: Who pulled the tickets from the box?
Dad: Huh?
Me: Who pulled the tickets from the box to select the winners?
Dad: What's that go to do with anything!
Me: Didn't the person who pulled the tickets have to come upstairs
Dad: So!
Me: So if he had to come up anyway, eventually he would have arrived if you were more patient.
Dad: How were we gonna put our thing in the box?
Me: Clearly there would have been enough people gathered over 15 minutes if he came up too late that they would wait till everyone put their entry in before picking names
Dad: I think I did the right thing. I'm from the streets. I know what I'm doing. You live in a different world.
Me: Whatever.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home