Scott's MD-PhD Adventure

Friday, November 23, 2007

Still Cold Parents: Day5

Type A Personality


My mother, Mike, and I went shopping this morning while my dad went to the gym. This is the conversation we had while walking home...
Mom: Can we print our boarding passes for tomorrow?
Me: Sure
Mom: Well, we have to do at 24 hours before the flight, that's when we can print it.
Me: What happens if you don't do it right away?
Mom: Well, then we can't get the seats we want. We want to be in the "A" group.
Mike: Which seats do you want?
Mom: Your dad likes to sit in the back?
Mike: Those are the worst seats! Why would you want to sit back there?
Mom: That's where he likes to sit.
Mike: That is the least desirable section. You have to wait in a long line to get off the train.
Mom: He wants to be back there.
Mike: Yes, but nobody else does. You can get on last and still get a seat back there.
Mom: He wants to sit by the window too.
Mike: Yes, and most people want the aisle.
Me: I think you'll be ok if you're in the "B" group.
Mom: Well I'd like to try for "A" anyway.

Opinionated


We got back from shopping and told my dad a story.
Mike: We saw two people wearing Jews for Jesus shirts.
Dad: I would have given them my opinion!
Me: *to Mike* What'd he say?
Mike: *to me* He said he would give them his opinion.
Dad: What'd you say Mike?
Mike: I told him what you said, that you'd give them your opinion.
Dad: I'd give them my opinion!

Still Cold


We went back out to get some food for tonight's dinner. Before we left, my father was cold, with the thermostat, or as he calls it "the thermometer," set at 67. He asked if we could make it warmer. We turned it up to 70.
For dinner, my father has "special" food requirements, meaning he will only eat a burger or a steak. So we got him some ground beef, etc.
We arrive back, and he is sitting on the couch, in sweatpants and a sweatshirt with a blanket covering him. He loudly whispers to my mother about how he's freezing, freezing cold, it's cold, his hands are like ice, and he's never coming here in winter again.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home