Scott's MD-PhD Adventure

Monday, August 30, 2004

Shit! Shit! Shit!

Last night I chatted with Geneice and Yeside. Yeside was at the keyboard while Geneice took out her weave (stop laughing). I had Yeside typing "you need to stop, my stomach hurts from laughing" because I invented the best way to "cheat" on the exam. Yeside is going to get her hair done just like the brachial plexus! She's gonna get color-coded weave corresponding to the different nerves. Then she sits in front of Geneice and I, and we can follow where things go and what is connected to what. It's really a great idea and she seems willing to take one for the team. We'll see what happens. ;)

We had histology for the first time this morning. Only like 10 people raised their hands when asked who has taken some form of it before. It's a lot of slide ID, and really specific stuff - not just "blood" or "bone" cell. Two hours worth of lecture, although some was the "let's go over the web page" crap. kinda silly.

The superliberal physio professor had some great quotes again today:
"If you did an experiment on a turtle and cut its vagus nerve...yes I know it's probably not a good idea to experiment on turtles. Notice I didn't say we shuld experiment on Republicans."
"The autonomic nervous system works with other parts of the brain. You have to remember what a gun is so that when you see a 12-year old with a gun, your sympathetic nervous system can be involuntarily activated. Of course when I see a 12-year old with a gun, my nervous system is stimulated because I'm so angry that Congress won't renew the Assault Weapons ban."

During physio, someone spilled her coffee again. She was in the same seat as the person who spilled her coffee last time was in. Fortunately I was two rows up, not one this time - my bag didn't get soaked. But right in the middle of class, we hear it knocked over followed by "shit! shit! shit!....sorry!" as everyone turned around and the professor paused. Ironically, his next slide was about voluntary vs. involuntary control of defecation.

Allosteric enzymes in biochem. Kinda slow after the funny physio lecture. Checked out HistoTime from the library and installed it on my computer. That should help a lot! :) And I don't have to use it in the damn basement student study center.

Ate lunch. Studied physio all afternoon and printed some histo notes. My meatloaf is in the oven right now. Gonna watch the anatomy review online later, and probably daily show. maybe even mccain and giuliani. we'll see.

1 Comments:

At 10:32 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home