Scott's MD-PhD Adventure

Monday, August 16, 2004

Medical School, Day 1

2 hours of orientation to Essentials of Clinical Medicine (ECM) - boring. Even more exploration of learning styles. We do get to learn how to take histories soon. And see patients in hospital(s).

1 hour biochem. I hope a lot of this is repetitive so I have one less thing to worry about.
http://tigger.uic.edu/depts/mcbc/curriculum/531/ (click on study aids, then songbook)
some of the annoying premeds started up already: "how many questions on the exam per lecture? what are they worth? what is the pass level?" ugh.

1 hour physiology. blah blah intro.

lunch and 2 bookstore trips ($500!). the new geneice (not to be confused with the old janiece) doesn't like premeds either. I made her laugh when I said "I decided I don't like the word plenary" becuase it's "something she would say."

2 hours anatomy. excellent professor. slightly apprehensive about lab, but we're starting cutting the back tomorrow. did some basic vocab today.

More bookstore ($200), Office max for planner and clipboards.

Stirfry beef with other veggies for dinner! Yeah for Potash Bros. pack of pre-cut beef and a "for stir-fry" sticker. Let's see if I feel like eating leftover beef after anatomy lab.

Reading, hole-punching, and more organizing. And of course, daily show.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home