Scott's MD-PhD Adventure

Wednesday, August 18, 2004

A third, much shorter, day

Another 2 hour ECM session, this time on standard precautions in the hospital. Yes, we had about 20 minutes on why you should and how to wash your hands. I guess I learned I should have constant friction for 10-15 seconds, but otherwise I studied anatomy and worked on biochem problems the whole time.

We did amino acids today. I love biochemistry and the professor is great. I still remember most of the amino acids and 1-/3- letter codes from Enzyme Kinetics so I feel in good shape. I'm having issues with one of the problems though.

I have no idea what's going on in physiology. I'm still not exactly sure what physiology is. Of course, not having the slides or notes probably makes it worse. Still, I just see a bunch of equations I hope I don't have to remember. Membrane potentials can be quite confusing. I was also amused when Mo Rocca asked if we wanted the lights on or off. Of course half the class shouts on, and half shouts off. Oh well.

"Lunch" consisted of me visiting the bookstore to find they're still out of everything I have left to get. Even tried the bookstore at the other medschool closeby. No success.

Then I went home (woohoo!). Ate lunch. Tried to print but ran out of ink. Bought 2 locks and ink and then studied all afternoon at Cafe Intelligentsia. mmm.

Mnemonic of the day:
Can Everyone Now Kick Their Heels?
Please Help Precious Cause She's Bad.
Gee, That Exercise Sure Sucked.

Somehow this lovely mnemonic, which I remember, helps me write out the lay and scientific names of the 6 synovial joints and give examples (i.e. Elbow - Hinge - Ginglymus). *sigh* the things to help me learn all this stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home