Scott's MD-PhD Adventure

Thursday, June 14, 2007

White & Nerdy

Completely out of nowhere...

Lili: What is nerdy?
Me: What?
Lili: I saw on television, the girl, she says guy is nerdy? I don't know that word
Me: Um...
Amy: (walking by) He wears white socks!
Me: I'm wearing white socks!
Bob: I'm wearing white socks!
Amy: His undershirt pops out and is up high and tight
Me: Well, that's the fashion part. *begins impression* He also talks in a super nerdy voice, which is also important.
Lili: So the word comes from nerve? It's nerve plus what?
Amy: It has nothing to do with that!
Me: There's also geek
Lili: Gawk?
Amy: Geek
Lili: What does that mean?
Amy: A geek is more into one specific thing, without knowing much about anything else. Like a computer geek.
Lili: That's my husband!
Me: There's also dork.
Lili: How you spell that? *writes down words*
Me: They are not cool.
Lili: That's...interesting
Amy: You need to look these up on Wikipedia
Me: They are based on like high school personalities and groups
Lili: In China, I go to the school, and everyone who goes there studies to go to University.
Bob: Right, here it's more mixed
Lili: Well, on TV, it looks to me the man looks normal
Me: You should rent a movie called Revenge of the Nerds
Amy: *laughs and walks away*
Lili: Ok. *writes it down*
Me: Don't you watch TV shows? What do you watch?
Lili: I like Friends
Me: Ok
Lili: So Ross?
Bob: He's kinda nerdy
Lili: And the Joey?
Bob: He's cool, not a nerd.
Lili: What about the Chandler?
Bob: He might be both
Me: So you know Microsoft? Bill Gates?
Lili: Yes, but not his picture
Me: Look it up. He is a nerd!
Lili: Bill gates...he is geek too?
Me: Yes
Lili: But not the dork?
Me: Not really

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 7:49 PM, Blogger maestro said...

I truly enjoyed this dialogue. I am nerdy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home