Scott's MD-PhD Adventure

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Biking with Lili

Lili asked me sometime last week about getting a bike. I suggested Village Cycle Center since they were very helpful for me. I also told her a few basics. Today...

Lili: Oh! I got the bike!
Me: Really?
Lili: Yes. I went to the place that you said. The man...that is Bill...he measured me. He said I need 15 inches. And then I tried 'nother bike, and I need 38 cm.
Me: Ok. Well, that's exciting. What kind did you get?
Lili: It is not the mountain
Me: Did you get a hybrid or a road?
Lili: Not the hybrid!
Me: How is the handle bar?
Lili: It is all flat.
Me: I think that's a hybrid.
Lili: Ok.
Me: When did you get it?
Lili: I went on friday night. And I paid. I pick up Saturday morning.
Me: You liked it?
Lili: Yes! I rode on the lake! It is very efficient!
Me: You got the helmet and everything too?
Lili: Yes, but I didn't get...I don't know what it's called...it goes on back?
Me: Kickstand?
Lili: No, it goes above the wheel?
Me: Basket?
Lili: Yes! It seems otherwise, I need the bag. I do not want to always need the bag.
Me: Good idea. You're happy with what you paid?
Lili: Mm hmm. Before friday, I did not know the bikes had different prices! They had the bikes for $2000! My bike does not cost that much.
Me: Yeah, those are usually carbon or much lighter frames.
Lili: My bike is very light!
Me: Ok.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home