Scott's MD-PhD Adventure

Saturday, March 24, 2007

Keep your eye on these guys

OMG OMG OMG
Steven Cohen!

Mike and I are chilling in St. Louis at Itai's Favorite...Kayak's coffee. I'm reading journal articles with my Ipod on while Mike is doing poli sci analysis with his professor, Brian, on two laptops.

I see this guy walk in with 2 others and think "oh shit, he looks like Steven Cohen, I wonder if it's him?"

He sees Mike, walks over, and says "Hey, I know you...Steven Cohen" as he shakes Mike's hand. Then he turns to me and says "Hey, how are you?"
He then proceeds to introduce himself to Brian, asks what we're all up to.
"Just doing work."
He stands around and then asks in 5 different ways "So how are you guys? How are things going?" as we try to get back to work. He interrupts their working and says to Brian "Hey, he's a smart guy" with the business guy cha-ching point. Brian nods, half-annoyed.

Then we get re-introduced to Val, who coincidentally is visiting her boyfriend here, and he tells us he is in town for some Hillel LGBT so they met up. He continues standing around, awkwardly, telling me he's in Boston for grad school. For no good reason, he compliments my shoes ("Hey...nice shoes man"), which weren't that exciting.

Lastly he is called away, so of course has to say to "Sorry, gotta go. Good to see you. Brian, keep your eye on these guys."

Oy.

1 Comments:

At 7:21 PM, Blogger maestro said...

I wish I could network that well--what a talent! I am jealous.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home