Scott's MD-PhD Adventure

Monday, July 20, 2009

Nuts



I brought my parents a jar of Speculoos via Mike-Paris. My mother tried some and offered mini-spoonfuls to her friends on Saturday night. My dad had decided it was too late for him to eat when she did this.

Tonight, my phone rings during our dinner, but I didn't get to it in time so I called back right away...

Mom: Scott?
Me: Yes
Mom: Why are you calling me?
Me: You called me.
Mom: I know! But you didn't answer.
Me: Right, so I'm calling you back.
Mom: But I'm leaving you voicemail
Me: Ok, so, what?
Mom: I had to tell you, that thing you brought, I had some tonight on my ice cream. Boy was it good!
Me: Good
Mom: I had some non-fat chocolate ice cream, and I put some of the stuff on it. It was delicious. But you didn't tell me it has nuts in it.
Me: It doesn't
Mom: Really?! Are you sure?
Me: Yes, are you sure it wasn't a cookie chunk?
Mom: No! It was an almond
Me: Ok
Mom: Oh! Shit! I bet I had your dad's ice cream! Yes! He has chocolate almond fudge!
Me: Ok
Mom: Well, it was really good!
Me: I'm glad you enjoyed it
Mom: And, get this. Are you sitting down? Your father tried some at 6!
Me: Haha.
Mom: I said, Jer, you have to try this, it's so good!
Me: He hadn't had any?
Mom: Well, we kept opening it too late. But I told him to just taste a little bit. He said he will definitely have some on his ice cream tomorrow!
Me: Ok
Mom: That's it!
Me: I'm glad you both enjoyed it.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 4:27 PM, Blogger joshie said...

The first thing that this brings to mind is speculum.

 
At 12:24 AM, Blogger LadyJMPH said...

Where's my jar!?!?!

 
At 6:04 PM, Anonymous alpaca farming said...

Like much the post .

 

Post a Comment

<< Home