Scott's MD-PhD Adventure

Friday, January 19, 2007

Cheesehead

(to Leslie) Bob: Remember a long time ago when we fed the mice cheetos the day before we sacrificed them?
Me: When was this?
Bob: Early 90s. And when we cut them open to get the spleen, the intestines were all orange.
Me: Wow!
Lili: What is a cheeto?
Bob: An orange corn chip
Me: Like a little tube, the size of a marker cap kinda
Lili: That is the chip I see at Subway when I buy sandwich?
Me: Yes

Lili then told us stories about her postdoc friend's 13 year old daughter

Lili: She said "Do you think I have big head?" And I said "No! American people, their head is like this *gestures from nose to back of head* but Asian people, their head is like this *gestures from ear to ear*. But she said her class photo, her head is the biggest! And I told her it's cause you have head that is Asian!

Lili: I bought the shirt that is like yours
Bob: Sweatshirt?
Lili: Yes. And it has a gap.
Bob: It says "The Gap"?
Lili: Yes, and she says she wants a shirt with a gap because she gets shirts that are pretty but not American.

1 Comments:

At 10:09 AM, Blogger LadyJMPH said...

Lili cracks me up!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home