Scott's MD-PhD Adventure

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Black Don't Crack

Yesterday I had my cells sorted in the basement. The woman who runs the facility is black, probably in her early to mid 50s.

Today...
Lili: Did you know the woman down there has grandchildren?
Me: That's not surprising.
Lili: Well, usually I cannot tell when the person is African-American how old.
Me: Yeah, African-Americans don't really age as noticeably.
Lili: She has picture I think from 70s with her child!
Me: Ok?
Lili: I first thought she was just 40. But she has grandchildren. She must be in 50s!
Me: Yeah, I figured that, she's probably in her early 50s.
Lili: You can tell?
Me: Yes, I could tell.

1 Comments:

At 10:12 AM, Blogger LadyJMPH said...

HAHAHA!!!! Of course you can tell! Lili hasn't figured out you are black yet?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home