Scott's MD-PhD Adventure

Monday, January 10, 2005

P

I went to my new dentist today to get a cleaning - finally! (6 months past when I needed one). When they gave me the new patient form to fill out there was a checkbox thing for M, S, D, or W (married/single/divorced/widow). So I made a little P and checked that. After my cleaning ("you should floss more") the dentist did the screening/exam part. It turns out my new dentist is a fabulous black woman! She asked me what the P meant and I said "domestic partner - it wasn't on your form" and she said "you right, you right." The irony in this whole situation: her name is Dr. Gay.

Oh yeah, they decided as of Jan 15 that they no longer are using the insurance plan that I get for being a med student so I would have to pay 68 instead of 29 for a cleaning. *sigh* I guess I should find a new dentist again.

1 Comments:

At 9:08 PM, Blogger LadyJMPH said...

LOL! Black women just love you don't we baby. Just remember who's your main lady ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home