Scott's MD-PhD Adventure

Sunday, October 07, 2007

Laundry Bitch

I go down to put my one load of laundry in the washing machine. All of the machines are full, and 4 of them are finished. I sit there for at least 10 minutes, waiting, and finally decide to just take someone's stuff out of one of the finished ones and put mine in, leaving theirs on top of the machine. I pick the one with dark clothes/low # of bras, and carefully put the clothes on top to bury the bras underneath.

I go down 30 minutes later to get my stuff, and there's a woman about my age, a little chunky, and immediately confrontational, emptying the other washers that had finished at the same time (now probably 45 minutes after they finished).

W: Did you take my stuff out?
Me: Yeah, I waited for over 10 minutes after it had stopped.
W: That's really rude! You shouldn't touch my stuff!
Me: Um, I'm sorry. I waited, nobody came, so I put it on top. It's really not a big deal.
W: I don't like it when people touch my stuff! I could have some weird skin disease or something?
Me: Ok...well, the washers were full, and I waited. People have done it to me if I was late. Whatever.
W: Then you need to go to the management office and ask for a key to another building's laundry room.
Me: It's sunday. They're not there. It's really not a big deal. I apologize.
W: What's your name?!? I'm going to report you to the management office.
Me: Seriously? Calm down.

She puts her things, slowly, from all of the washers, into the dryers while I get my laundry to bring upstairs to the still functional dryer in my apartment. As I'm leaving...
W: Don't touch my things ever again!
Me: Yeah whatever. Have a good day.

2 Comments:

At 10:54 PM, Blogger LadyJMPH said...

You should have told the heifer to talk to the hand 'cause the face ain't listening! RUDE!!

 
At 10:21 PM, Blogger maestro said...

I hate to admit it, but that is just hilarious!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home