Scott's MD-PhD Adventure

Thursday, November 23, 2006

Choo Choo

We got to the elevator. My mother had said her shins hurt from all the stairs and walking, so I asked if we should take the elevator down 2 floors or walk. "We can take the stairs." "I have to stretch" my dad added. So he stretched his calves and we walked down the stairs.

We took the train up to Steve&Shane's. My dad likes to call it the "choo choo."

About Armitage, we had the following conversation (aboard a loud train)...
Dad: Where are we now? Lincoln Park?
Me: Yes
Dad: And they live where?
Me: Lakeview
Dad: Where's that?
Me: North of Lincoln Park
Mike (devilishly): It's also called Wrigleyville
Dad: What?
Mike: Wrigleyville
Dad: Ripleyville?
Mike: No, Wrigleyville
Dad: Wiggleville?
Me: Mike, don't add things
Mike: Wrigleyville. Like the field.
Dad: Field?
Me: Stop!
Mike: Wrigleyville. Like Wrigley field.
Dad: Wrigleyville?
Mike & me: Yes!

While walking to the apartment, my mother reminded us that her shins hurt from walking up and down the stairs so much.
Dad: Let's not walk too much so Mummy's [he pronounces it that way] legs don't hurt.
Me: That's fine. I had asked stairs or elevator, so don't say stairs next time.
Dad: No! Her legs hurt I'm telling you.
Me: That's not a response to what I said. That's information I already know.
Dad: Huh? I'm telling you her legs hurt so you shouldn't make her walk.
Me: I know. And I'm telling you when I ask stairs or elevator, and both of you say stairs, then don't blame me if her legs hurt.
Dad: You talk in a way that doesn't make sense.
Me: Right. I'm the one with the problem.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home