Scott's MD-PhD Adventure

Saturday, October 07, 2006

Village People

Last night was MCA First Fridays!
Mike & I went with Joe&Randy, and eventually Daniel&Colin. Ina came too.

On her way there, Ina took the bus and told me her story. She got on, and wasn't sure if the 125 or 126 was the right one, so she asked the driver if he goes to the MCA. He said "you mean the YMCA?" Finally she asked if he goes to Mies van der Rohe Way and he said yes.

Then, after FF, we stopped by Soupbox so Joe&Randy could get soup. We of course were dressed up for FF in blazers and looking urban chic. Some lonely middle-aged white woman eating soup alone asked us "So, are you guys a band? Cause I see them around here a lot. You look like you're in a band." We said no, although in retrospect I should have said "yes, the Village People" to go with Ina's story.
She then left after she told us "Well I'm going to CompUSA because they have laptops for 20% off on Friday nights from 6-10pm. I don't think I'm going to buy one just browse." We nodded and smiled, and she said "Wow, you guys must think I'm crazy. Well I am, a little."

After our free drink at Soundbar, we checked out the new PlanB at Dearborn & Van Buren. When we walked in, I said "well, I know what the B stands for!" just like when I walked by M Lounge I said "I think the M stands for Mostly African-American."
It turns out B also stood for "Blind to the gays" since one of the workers shouted to female passersby "Hey, get in here! There are some hot guys in here" and apologized to us that he couldn't get the ladies for us.

1 Comments:

At 9:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are we to assume those people joined with ampersands and nospace are couples (and therefore single entities)?

Why would CompUSA have 20% off their laptops on Friday nights? Furthermore, if she was just going to browse, why did she have to wait until they were on sale? I guess she is a little crazy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home