Scott's MD-PhD Adventure

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

It's done

USMLE Step 1 is complete.
And for future reference, here's what I did not enjoy studying (aka Things I hate)

Pharmacology - it belongs at the top
Lung physiology equations
People who tell me my list is too long!
Adrenal gland hormone synthesis
Jerks who name multiple things after themselves (you know who you are Charcot!)
Bone cancers
Protozoas & Worms
Porphyrias
Neural Crest derivatives
Lysosomal Storage diseases
Familial dyslipidemias

Fortunately I only had a couple protozoa and worm questions, and 1 was malaria.
I had nothing on adrenal hormones or bone cancers I don't think. Def had a few neural crest derivates and familial dyslipidemias. And some bullshit like "Ashkanezi Jew #1 wants to have a kid with Ashkanezi Jew #2. How would you council them?" or something. Of course the answer involved Tay-Sachs somehow.
Oh, and I had lots of pharm. :(
Scores in 6+ Weeks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home