Scott's MD-PhD Adventure

Monday, September 20, 2004

weekend o' fun

Friday night I studied. Yes that's right, I studied. That was after volunteering all afternoon at the doctor's office. I got to take a couple blood pressures and such so that was good.
I watched Anatomy review videos at home.

I slept till noon on Saturday. Wow that felt good. Then I cleaned since I was overdue. It really is nicer to study in a clean apartment. I studied some anatomy and histo in the afternoon. Then, the other lgbt med students at uic met at Crew, a gay sports bar (no that's not an oxymoron). We actually met up with other gay med students from other chicago schools. It was surprisingly a lot of fun and like the only social thing I've done with peers in a while. It was really great to just hang out with them and not have to study or talk about med school, although we ended up talking about med school since we essentially have no lives.

I took my anatomy quiz today after making biscuits this morning! I got about 50% right for some reason. I know about 90% of the muscles and veins, 70% of nerves and bone features, 50% of the artery stuff, and maybe 25% of the "stupid shit" (that's how I'm referring to ligaments and sheaths). So I just have to learn more of the stupid shit and study some of the arteries a little better and I should be fine, as long as the test has a good proportion of muscles and nerves.

Studied more histo cell biology for tomorrow's exam. Went to Trader Joe's for groceries. It was a bit of a schlep but definitely worth it. They have some great stuff. :) Ate dinner, studied more, watched the Emmys (Daily Show won 2 awards - best writing and best variety show!), studied histo even more. Just took the practice quiz and only got 4 wrong so I'm in good shape.

Test at 2 tomorrow. I'm also now on the M1/M2 Curriculum Committee and we meet at 1. I get to put my bitching to good use!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home