Scott's MD-PhD Adventure

Sunday, September 17, 2006

Bagel & Eggs

My parents are coming for Thanksgiving. Yes, that is over 2 months away.
Today's conversation featured:

Mom: So I thought we would maybe send you a check for food money, and you could go buy the things we like for breakfast.
Me: What???
Mom: Well your dad likes a bagel and eggs for breakfast, and I usually eat oatmeal. We're not too worried about lunch and dinner but we want to make sure breakfast is ok. Do you even have a coffee machine?
Me: No, but if you want coffee, we have a French press and real coffee. And you can't just eat what we have for food?
Mom: Well, your dad likes certain things and...
Me: Ok, well how about this. It's september, maybe when you get here, in november, we can see what food I have then, and if there's something you want, we go to...I don't know...the store. I know you have nothing going on in your life, but come on.
Mom: That's not true, we have things going on in our lives. But ok, we'll wait and talk about it when Thanksgiving is closer.

2 Comments:

At 5:22 PM, Blogger maestro said...

seriously this is like when my family visits. I have no words.

 
At 10:37 PM, Blogger LadyJMPH said...

Damn you got gangsta with your mom! I could never pull that - you'd be sitting with the family at my funeral.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home