Scott's MD-PhD Adventure

Thursday, December 29, 2005

Don't Look Back In Anger

Oh Tori. Her new bootleg of a show in Manchester, England contains one of the best covers she's done in recent years, and one of the funniest & best stories she's told. In the middle of her set she has a covers section. If only she listened to her music...

(typed up by me)

So, sorry I was late tonight but I was practicing a song. Um, I've never done this before and it's gonna suck, so be nice to me.
But, it's from people from here...
*audience shouts a request*
It's not the Smiths...piss-off! Anyway, um,
*audience shouts another request*
What?
*repeats request*
Maybe. If you're nice.
*more shouts*
Eh? Give me a minute, I'm doing a Mancunian thing!
*more shouts*
*Tori makes goose-honk noise*
*laughs, another shout*
Give me a minute!
*someone shouts Morissey*
Now, it's not Morissey becuase he pissed me off, and I'll tell you why.
*Fuck Morissey!*
That's right! and I'll tell you why, I'll tell you why...I don't know he could be a nice guy by now, but a long time ago...
*mori-sissy!*
Let me tell you why, Fuck-off!
*loads of applause*
Ok, great band...I can't believe I'm having this conversation with you people. I'm coming out of a TV show right, it's forever ago, and, um, he's walking past, he's this little short guy. And I'm walking past - I had heels on so I can say that - and I look back and I just said 'Hey man really great songs' and he said 'What the fuck do you know?'
I said, 'WHAT THE FUCK DO I KNOW MOTHERFUCKER? WHO ARE YOU TRYING TO SELL RECORDS TO IN AMERICA YOU SMALL-DICK FUCKHEAD!?!'
Um, and basically we never spoke again...so I'm not doing his song. But I like the band and I listen to the songs. But this is somebody else so let's try it...
*plays a few chords*
Heh, it's not The Beatles...I know, they're up the road! I know, I know
*begins playing Oasis - Don't Look Back In Anger*

At about halfway through, she sings:
"Stand up beside the fireplace
Take that look from off your face
You ain't ever gonna burn my heart out, MORRISSEY!"

:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home